Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Erykah Badu To Pose For Givenchy Spring 2014.

erykah-badu-spring-2014-ad 
Riccardo Tisci shared this shot of a Givenchy-clad Erykah Badu this morning, to announce her as one of the faces for the label’s Spring 2014 campaign. “Family addition #givenchycampaign #spring2014,” he wrote. The photo, lensed by Mert Alas and Marcus Piggott, pictures a very somber-looking Badu rocking a cropped ‘do. Style.com notes that Tisci has so far exclusively used women of color for his campaigns–quite a departure from the rest of the industry, who seems to favor white women. “I discovered a lot of black girls, and I’ve been always supporting them,” he said. “For me, I grew up in a family and I grew up in a culture, an education, that we all are the same… Everybody’s being so cool about Instagram, about Facebook, any media—everybody’s being so open. At the end of the day, why are not so many black girls or Latin girls in shows? When you have an American president who is black! When I see this happening, it’s quite sad, I think. People can be so avant-garde, so advanced, but actually not, because people are still making differences between skin color.” Yes! (Riccardo Tisci Instagram, Stylefile)

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar