Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

NYFW : Jeremy Scott AW15

 I've always wondered how to wear Jeremy Scott designs. Is it advisable to just go mental and put everything on? Or take one item and space it out?

Still, the man is consistent with providing mental clothing season after season. I normally like a bit of mental and a bit of fun but there was something I really didn't like about this collection. Sorry about it but I didn't.

I think it started with the tights being all I could see. I ranted yesterday about sheer color tights not working for anyone and then I noticed that the clothes just didn't seem to sit well on the models. I don't know if I am the only one who noticed that.

I know the fashion crowd go crazy for this because editorial loves this stuff for 'edgy' shoots but I think in an everyday context - does it really work? Ive written before wondering if playful fashion catwalks really work in for stores who have to translate the clothing into sales. I find that Henry Holland is another person who loves a bit of color but overpacks his runway into being awkward to watch. I never know what to look at first. I think there is a bit of the same happening here. I want to look at the clothes, the hair, the make-up, the tights and the overall effect is exhausting.

I do love the make-up and hair. I can imagine how much fun it would have been backstage trying to pile up the color to get that opaque burst of neon. I would have used Chromaline pencils and cakes from MAC to get that burst of color. Just saying. I don't know if it will catch on in terms of trend but we did see a lot of color last SS14 with releases from companies such as MAC and Urban Decay. MAC released Playland with its bright lipsticks, yellow gloss and casual colors and Urban Decay had their Electic palette which was a neon adventure - well, for those who could get it as it was banned in places!!!

I hope to see a return to color for this summer as life is too short to play it safe. Go mental, go neon...just don't wear sheer tights. Please.

 Some of the dresses on the catwalk remind me of little girls dresses. The puffy sleeves, the bow necklines and the shoes. Look at those shoes - picture them in shiny black and tell me you didn't have something almost the same for school. LOOK AT THEM. DO IT....
The men were not left out either.....

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar