Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Dave East Speaks on How He Got Signed to Nas's 'Mass Appeal Records'







Two years ago, Nas invested in Mass Appeal magazine, and then the next year, he went on to start a label with the same name (Mass Appeal Records), which he co-owns with Peter Bittenbender. Right now, there are about 5-6 rappers signed to the label- Boldy James, Run the Jewels, Fashawn, Bishop Nehru, and ofcos Dave East. In this recent interview on New York radio, Power 105.1, the Harlem, New York native, Dave East detailed how he ended up on Nas's label.




During the course of the interview, DJ Envy asked him how he met Nas, and he said...





"I already knew Jungle (nas's brother). You know, as I said earlier, my aunt, she lived in Ravens Wood (close to Queens Bridge Projects). before she passed and all that. So, I just be going to the bridge off the humble, regular going over there, just doing...everyday, you know what I mean, I had a lot of homies back there...I just be running into Jungle, like Jungle still be outside every now and then, you would bump into him out there like...what you doing over here, like...And he cut wind of it just through the kids in the streets out there. They be coming through playing it in their cars. Or they'd be talking to him about it like, 'yo, East he from Harlem, but he be out here, dadadada. He hot.' So, I guess on his own he got into it. One day I went out there, he called...I told him 'jungle I'm in the bridge, yo whatup.' He like 'yo, bring me some newport, dadada. Come meet me over here.'...And he was like 'Yo, my brother's feeling you.' Am like, your brother Nas, how your brother feeling me? Where he heard it at...how did that even happen. And he was like, 'Na, we were in L.A, he was pulling it up on Youtube, checking your videos out, and all that. He a fan of what you do.' Hmm! I still brushed it off." (Breakfast Club Show Interview)




He then went on to speak on how he got the actual record deal.

"Then I got a call from Ant...from Nas manager, like maybe a week and the half later. And then he let me know it was real. He was like 'yo, i'm in the city, lets get up, lets get lunch. I wanna talk to you.' I got up with him, and it has been a wrap ever since." (Breakfast Club Interview)



Watch the full interview below.


Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar